Friday, October 31, 2008

Test Fit the Body to the Frame

Last weekend, I bolted the frame to the bike and test fitted it to see what problems I may have. (Recall the body kit was made for a CB750). It looks pretty good all together, BUT . . .
As you can see in the two of the pictures at the end of this post, the body is a little short (or the bike a little long). The tire interferes with the rear of the body.

I don't think this is going to be a major problem. My current solution is to notch out the body there and let the tire stick out a little. I also plan on using a slightly smaller (diameter) tire, so that should help the problem. Right now, I'm going to do nothing about it and proceed.

I also investigated a small oil leak I've had for years - more in the next post.


You might be able to tell from these photos that the bottom of the rear fairing springs out slightly wide - not sure what to do about that yet. I may end up adding some steel stiffeners to hold it in.




Tire interferes a little (These picture were take with the camera nearly on the ground, looking up.)


If I have to notch the body, I don't think it will have to be more than the the turned-in part. But if necessary I could notch the whole area where the license plate is to mount (just below the hole, which is where the tail light goes). But then where to put the plate?









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home