Sunday, April 28, 2013

Body Lift

So yesterday I removed connections (shifter, front body brace, steering column, etc.) and unbolted the body.  I installed 1.25" shims to raise it.  I also shimmed the front end to increase the caster angle - it was only about  1.9 and it should be at least 5 degrees; I put in a 1/4" shim and is at least 4.3 degrees now.  I think it to be a little more since I also dialed the suspension tighter which will increase the angle.  I had to then modify the front brace and enlarge the hole for the steering column to get things to fit.

On a whim I pulled the front shocks and found out the left one was froze hard.  I should have new ones by noon today.  After I put those on I plan on taking her for another spin.

3 Comments:

At June 3, 2013 at 6:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our
community. Your website offered us with valuable info to work on.

You've done an impressive activity and our whole community shall be grateful to you.

My website http://traciegri.postbit.com

 
At June 13, 2013 at 3:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a group of volunteers and starting a new project
in a community in the same niche. Your blog provided us useful information to
work on. You have done a wonderful job!

Look at my blog :: Jackpot 6000 free

 
At June 16, 2013 at 2:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This dеѕign is spectaсulaг!
You defіnitely know how to keep a reaԁеr enteгtained.
Between your ωіt and your videos, I ωas аlmοst moνed to stагt mу own blog (well,
almost...HaΗa!) Excеllеnt jоb. I
really loνed what you had to saу, and more than that,
how you presented іt. Toο cool!

Here is my webpage; näsplastik

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home