Thursday, March 7, 2013

Headlight Wiring Info

I found out that my Voyager XII headlight (not sealed beam)  is wired differently than the two sealed beam automotive headlights (2A1 - about 4.5"x6") that the RT uses.  I also discovered (after wasting an hour searching) that all the info I found on the internet was wrong, so I wanted to post what I learn by experimenting with the headlights by energizing them in a dark shop and observing the patterns - hi beam was higher and to the left, lo beam had a more distinctive cutoff at the top of its throw.

The back of the headlights look like this (both are oriented correctly (top is up)).  Motorcycle headlight is on the right:
(The big cable coming out of the MC headlight goes to a knob that was used to raise or lower the light on the fly based on the load you were carrying on the bike.)

Each light has three terminals; two across from each other and third between them to one side.  If you added another across from the third the four would make a square.  The same plug fits both, but they are wired differently.

The auto light has three terminals, right, left, and bottom that are configured as follows:
Right = Lo beam
Left = Ground
Bottom =Hi beam

The Kawasaki Voyager XII light has three terminals, right, left, and top that are configured as follows:

Right = Hi beam
Left = Ground
Top =Lo beam

2 Comments:

At March 11, 2013 at 7:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm it appears like your site ate my first comment (it was super
long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I submitted and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog.
I as well am an aspiring blog blogger but I'm still new to everything. Do you have any tips for inexperienced blog writers? I'd really appreciate it.


Here is my page diet plans for women

 
At March 11, 2013 at 7:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm it appears like your site ate my first comment (it was super long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I submitted and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog.

I as well am an aspiring blog blogger but I'm still new to everything. Do you have any tips for inexperienced blog writers? I'd really appreciate it.


My web site :: diet plans for women
Also see my webpage - best diet

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home