Saturday, November 1, 2008

Waterpump Done - Shifter Work

I got the water pump, new seal, and O-rings installed. I left the clutch slave cylinder off since that may make the cable routing easier (although I will almost certainly have to extend it, so I might as well put it back on).

This week I'm going to figure out the right way to drill and cut fiberglass, and then see where I can get fiberglass resin & mat, and pointers on how to work with it. I also need to get some bondo (not sure if you need special for working with fiberglass).



Here's after re-installing the water pump. I also modified the left peg mount, since I plan to use it's built-in shifter pivot. It mount on the two primed frame holes shown on the engine photo. I'm going to mount the shifter vertical, drill a hole in it, and fabricate or buy a U-shaped bracket that will be pinned through that hole. The shift linkage will be fabricated from 1/2" electrical conduit, flattened at the cockpit end to mount to the shifter. The MC end I will press a nut into the conduit and tack weld so that I can adjust the linkage.


Here's pictures of the shift lever that came with the kit and my prototype for fabricating the linkage between it and the motorcycle.
I think this will be robust enough considering it will only see hand force and the consequences of failure are low - stuck in one gear until I can get it fixed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home