Friday, November 7, 2008

Fiber Glass Work





Last weekend I got Bondo fiber glassing supplies at Home Depot. I cut plywood reinforcement blocks for the body mounting points, Bondo'd them in place and put 3 layers of fiberglass mat over them as called for in the plans.
I then sprayed with undercoating. You can also see where I mounted the horn - I used one of the motorcycle horns (the other didn't work right). It's masked-off in the middle front.
I need to put on one more coat of under-coating inside the fender wells for protection from dings. I'm then going to test fit the body again (after this work and with neoprene spacers, as called for) and then line-up to drill the body mounting holes in the tub. Then on to building the flip-up headlights, brakes, and controls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home