Sunday, November 30, 2008

Ok, it's been a while - I've been doing alot of planning and research. Oh yeah, I never should have sprayed the undercoating - it seems there is always something else that needs to be fiber glassed in place, which now includes wire brushing off the under coating/paint. So . . .
Note to other potential builders: Spray the under body last, as in right before you are ready to bolt it down for the last time.


I sanded off the undercoating to bondo in the air tunnel close-outs (where the seats dip up) and then painted again (ohhhh!):








I then sanded off the under coating around where the headlight flip-up mounts and bondo's bushings in place to allow it to pivot:

You can also see where I plan to put in the heater core if room allows (body is upside down here). Its near the top of the air tunnel. I plan to fiber glass in a divider at the bottom of the heater core that extends back about a foot followed by a flapper valve actuated by a lever from a lawnmower throttle. With the flapper up, it will block a hole into the cockpit; with it down, it will block air passage back through the tunnel and instead into the cockpit. I still have to figure out how it will fit with the headlight actuator and the front suspension in place.

I also fabricated a cross-brace for the front fenders. I will add a support to attach it to the frame (in the middle) latter.






Next, I had to weld in a bushing for the shift mechanism. I used the bushing from the bike after cutting and grinding off the excess.
I will have a picture of this installed in the next post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home