Sunday, November 30, 2008

I finished fabricating the shift linkage and installed it - I can shift from the cockpit now! This is the first control that I have routed.





















Here's picture of the headlight flip-up installed:
(Please excuse the trouble I'm having getting the pictures to line up with the text - you can figure it out,)













After mounting the body (temporarily) to the frame, I found out I will have to re-engineer the top-tube mounting configuration - it interferes with the body. The good news is that I think the rear cowling will fit over the entire bike without modification.
I also had to sand off more undercoating (ohhh!) to fiber glass in place some neoprene pad where the motorcycle frame touches the body.
I ordered the steering column, quick release steering wheel coupler, steering wheel, and some other stuff (heater/defogger fans, control cables, etc.). I'm about to order the brake pedal assembly, master cylinders, and lines. I now plan to use the motorcycle rear brake pedal and master cylinder for a clutch pedal - the hand grip, hydraulic clutch will not fit on the shift lever. However, I need to see exactly how the steering shaft fit before I make the frame to mount the pedals. I also need to finish mounting the heater core, plumb in the heater core and radiator. I don't think I mentioned that I need to move the radiator to the front - no room in back. I also need to fabricate a mounting frame for the radiator and make it such that it can be installed - there's not much room to get in there to attach hose clamps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home